Industry and technology policy
Industry continues to play a vital role in Europe's prosperity. Particularly because of the multitude of current challenges, a stable and competitive environment needs to be created in order to open up additional scope for innovation, growth and employment in industry. As part of this horizontal industrial policy, the Ministry of Economic Affairs is actively committed to making the strengthening of industrial competitiveness one of the objects of policy in other areas as well.
The state is also pursuing this aim in connection with its policy on technology and innovation: in times of rapid advances and global competition, it is a case of "if we're not moving forward, we're going backwards". Only in an environment conducive to innovation, and with new products and production processes, can - in the light of the relative lack of natural raw materials available - sustainable jobs be created in Lower Saxony and our prosperity secured and enhanced.
Applying clear, strategic action plans, the Lower Saxony Ministry of Economic Affairs, Employment and Transport is implementing its goals regarding:
- the establishment of business-oriented research infrastructure;
- the promotion of innovation in Lower Saxony's future sectors;
- the strengthening of technology transfer;
- the enhancement of conditions for those starting new businesses; and
- assisting with the process of innovation in both the social and the scientific spheres